0x80300002 preventing me from doing another Windows 10 clean install

baconburgers

Reputable
Aug 22, 2017
Before I start, this is actually Part 2 of my frustrations with Windows 10 and Toshiba laptops. Here's a link to Part 1. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3502870/boot-problems-preventing-windows-reinstall.html

So even though I deleted all the partitions so there's only one that's called "Allocated Space," Windows just gives me an error called "0x80300002."

I looked it up on T.H. here and I've opened up the Command Prompt and following the Command Promp instructions here ( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2994022/win-installation.html ) I've found that the "List Disk" has two Disks in it:

Disk 0: 465 GB and all of it free
Disk 1: 7663 MB and none of it is free

Where Windows Setup asks where I want to install this Recovery Media, only Disk 0 even shows up and there's no clear and obvious way to find Disk 1 (it's partition IIRC?) let alone get rid of it from. Am I able to just remove Disk 1 from the Command Prompt? If so, how do I do that?

Also, the recovery media is the exact same one I created to do the last clean install. Do I need a new one before I continue? Where do I download the correct version from?

Colif

Win 11 Master
disk 0 = hdd
disk 1 = USB you are booting from? Its only 8gb?

Did you clean Disk 0?

the installer is still the same so that copy should work

I wonder if we get this
Clean Install Stage 1 error 0x80300002
I have tried everything possible to complete windows 10 clean install on my Toshiba Satellite C50 series without success. Here is what I have done so far.
Deleted all partitions
Created a new partition
Go to next I get "error 0x80300002"
Deleted partition using diskpart Clean says it has succeeded but I can still see drive on disklist
Note: Disk attributes Read Only State set No.
Create a new primary partition and Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/clean-install-stage-1-error-0x80300002/1f02091f-2d5b-4f44-87bc-da9bc8c29b3a

So has it installed since that last post?

baconburgers

Reputable
Aug 22, 2017

Would it be easier to just downgrade back down to Windows 8.1? I'm at a loss at how to fix this thing as it is and nobody else on the site seems to know how to fix this particular error. I just don't know. : /

baconburgers

Reputable
Aug 22, 2017

Now it won't even let me to past that stupid "Reboot and select proper Boot device" screen! This thing gets more frustrating every time I try anything to fix it! I didn't even do anything to it this time!

baconburgers

Reputable
Aug 22, 2017

I think this is getting far too complicated for a beginner like me and my lack of skills to handle. I'm sorry for calling it quits here, but at this point I think it would be far less stressful and take much less effort for me to just buy a new computer. Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule for helping me out, though.