How do i get started on learning how to build cpu?

devduttmehrol666

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
I wanna master the working of modern day computer.Everything and anything.I want to be able to fix any problem related to computers and not just hardware but software as well.How can i psuh towards the goal. Experinced people need your help.

Solution

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
you gotta do your own research.

for a software problem, when you face a problem, dont just do what people say and continue living, try to figure it out what caused the problem, what you could have done to prevent it from happaning, why wast that the best solution, what other way you could have done it.

for hardwares, try making your own build, focused ones, like a gaming build or a 3d modeling build, read the foruns for info for them, understand whats better for what and why.

research about overcloking, about mobo, cpu, gpu, understand how they work and whats the dif about them.

I read. A lot.
I read forums and articles.
Back in the day ( i hate that term but it's appropriate), I used to read this magazine called Computer Shopper, looked at all the different types of computer ads, and then learning why each one was different, why the price differences in systems and parts. Then I built and tore apart and rebuilt my system over and over. Checking the performance if I added more RAM, or tweaked a setting. Between what I read and the hands on it helped on the Hardware side of things.
On the Software side, experience with as many different types of applications as possible. I'm no artist (can't draw a straight line with a ruler) but I learned how to draw a Lipton Soup box just to see what was involved with creating that on a PC. Learned Lotus/Excel Word Dbase, Access, anything I could get my hands on I tried.

By the time I got to CIS classes in college, I was already ahead of the game which made learning what they taught quite a bit easier.

Good luck on your journey, it's been one I've been on since the 70's and I still love learning.

devduttmehrol666

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

like u said, m trying my best to make sense but finding this all stuff on internet is overwhelming, can you plz suggest me some sites, books anything to get me started.Btw thanks for help ;)

devduttmehrol666

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

Well, m 19 right now and feel pretty out-dated. Hypothetically, how long can it take for a rookie like me to become a hardware wizard?It's not like m not trying but i can"t find right material to study.

How long? A lifetime. Realistically you're talking years. As far as right materials, there are no wrong materials, just read as much as you can.

I was on dial-up back in 1981, very limited access to info, you have full access to the internet, you have the keys at your fingertips. Don't fret over what to do, just do something, the path will come later.

Solution

Here are a few places you can go that have some really good information and you can learn a lot.

Tomshardware.com
Anandtech.com
techpowerup.com
pcperspective.com (they also have a good weekly podcast)

Jayztwocents is a youtuber and he is very good. He explains things in a very easy way to understand. I would go to his channel and watch some of his videos.

devduttmehrol666

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

thanks for help, I appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS