Can't Install Windows 10 OS on Ryzen PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

hw8399

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I just built a new PC, and I can't install the Windows 10 OS.

When I boot to my external USB optical drive, the Windows logo appears, and after a few seconds, the loading dots appear but then freeze before doing a full rotation.

I'm really not computer savvy. (Probably shouldn't have built one. lol)

Here are my parts:

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Amden Ryzen 5
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
Cooler: Corsair H60
RAM: 2x8GB Ripjaws G.Skillz (DDR4 3200)
Hard Drive: 1 TB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650x

Reactions: krull543
Solution

Just the different media like the flash drive I mentioned. If you have a product key, you can download the media creation tool. Use it to produce a bootable flash drive. Install from that.

hw8399

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

I just checked the BIOS, and it says it's at 2133. I didn't change any settings (except boot order) when I turned on the PC for the first time.

the windows installer may be missing the usb chipset drivers and locking up. use the free windows media creation tool and make a bootable usb stick. if not use a 3 party program to make a new windows 10 iso image that has your updated drivers. if windows 10 boots to a point where you can hit f6 custom drivers install.

hw8399

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

So we just tried again with a different external optical drive -- still no luck. (We have Win 10 on a disc.) Any other ideas? :/

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Just the different media like the flash drive I mentioned. If you have a product key, you can download the media creation tool. Use it to produce a bootable flash drive. Install from that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.