Windows Activation Window Automatically Closes When Trying To Activate

jaredcx

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
I have a windows 8 PC that I upgraded to windows 10 and I reset it. After I reset it, it automatically set an unactivated version of windows 10 home as my default operating system instead of the normal windows 8. Every couple hours or so, my entire screen will turn blue and tell me to activate windows with a "go to settings" button. I click the button and it will open up the settings app but after about 3 seconds, it will automatically close. If I try to activate it manually, it does the same thing. What should I do?

Solution
After I reset it, it automatically set an unactivated version of windows 10 home as my default operating system instead of the normal windows 8.

So as I read this you tried to "roll back" to win 8 and it's still using win10? That's your problem, you aren't using win8 like you wanted. You need to put win8 back on it and activate it. Use the restore partition on the drive, or spin your win8 disk.

4745454b

Titan
After I reset it, it automatically set an unactivated version of windows 10 home as my default operating system instead of the normal windows 8.

So as I read this you tried to "roll back" to win 8 and it's still using win10? That's your problem, you aren't using win8 like you wanted. You need to put win8 back on it and activate it. Use the restore partition on the drive, or spin your win8 disk.

Solution