Why does my mouse change appearance, to one with older graphics and blue circle, randomly?

elaine45

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
My mouse changes for a few seconds to this shape with a blue circle and old mouse shape. Can someone help me? I ran virus scans but this is still inconsistently happening for a week now. It does this generally, not just in one application.

It is normally the mouse on the bottom of this picture. My mouse would morph into the top one.
https://imgur.com/8Q1p4PA

Solution
In Control Panel, under Mouse and then the Pointers tab, your normal mouse is called "Normal Select," while the one with the animated blue circle is called "Working In Background." If you never want to be notified that something CPU intensive is running in the background so can expect some delays, then selecting the same pointer as "Normal Select" will certainly hide that warning from you. Then the only indication this is the case will be unresponsiveness to clicking and focusing/highlighting.
In Control Panel, under Mouse and then the Pointers tab, your normal mouse is called "Normal Select," while the one with the animated blue circle is called "Working In Background." If you never want to be notified that something CPU intensive is running in the background so can expect some delays, then selecting the same pointer as "Normal Select" will certainly hide that warning from you. Then the only indication this is the case will be unresponsiveness to clicking and focusing/highlighting.

Solution