After weird incident with my PC I have internet connection.

Fcamazzi

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Sorry if this is too long, but I wanna give you guys the whole picture.

The other day I was gonna leave my computer on torrenting and lock it so nobody could mess with it like I always do, but instead of hitting Lock I hit Sleep and I know those two options are on two completely different buttons but what can I say it was a mental fart.

After everything went to "sleep" I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't wait a moment and immediately pressed the spacebar so it would "wake up", everything inside the case fired up, the keyboard's back lights and the mouse's turned on but the monitor did nothing, it stayed black.

After pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and the ESC button and nothing happening all I could think of was pressing the power button on the case for 10 seconds and get that feeling that you're smothering a loved one with a pillow.

Everything shut down and this time I waited a good amount of time before turning it back on; I pressed the button, everything inside the case started working but this time neither the monitor, keyboard or mouse turned on.

What I did was dust everything inside the case off, removed the GPU and the memory sticks, disconnected the hard drives, again dust off all the connectors and put everything back to it's place.

This time everything booted up normally but now I have no connection to the internet, the WIFI works fine and I already tried a brand new ethernet cable but the network icon still says "Not connected". I opened up the Device Manager but since I'm not really tech savy I don't know what I should be looking at under Network adapters.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Solution
WIFI working correctly on other devices or your computer?

Do you want your computer to be wired or wireless?

Be sure that your computer only has wired or wireless enabled. Not both.

Then verify the applicable wired or wireless configuration with respect to your router and network.

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. Use "WIN' + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Internet Connections.

May find and fix something.

Next, if necessary, run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt on your computer.

Ralston18

Titan
WIFI working correctly on other devices or your computer?

Do you want your computer to be wired or wireless?

Be sure that your computer only has wired or wireless enabled. Not both.

Then verify the applicable wired or wireless configuration with respect to your router and network.

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. Use "WIN' + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Internet Connections.

May find and fix something.

Next, if necessary, run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt on your computer.

Solution

Fcamazzi

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

The troubleshoot worked, thank you so much man.