Boot error when trying to install windows 10

randika171

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
My pc turned off when I was installing a software and ever since it keeps giving me " Disk Error press ctrl+ alt+ delete to reboot " I tried everything but still it doesn't seem to work at all.

So I gave up and decided to reinstall windows. Problem is it seems to be crashing with the ssd installation when I boot from the usb all I get is a purple screen and no install box to continue with setup.

I disconnected my SSD and then all is working well again. The setup appears and I can install windows in my HDD.

Why is my SSD doing this? If I plug it back in again just a purple screen is seen. I want to be able to install windows to my ssd. Please help me out thanks!

Solution
don't suppose you have another PC you can put ssd into and see if it works there?

if PC does start, check the drive in disk management and see if it has any partitions on it still. If it works, copy anything off it you want to keep.

Can run diskpart on it and wipe it to see if it helps you run installer
If other PC has win 10, go to settings/update & security/recovery
Under advanced startup, choose restart now button
this loads blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and ssd/hdd, make note of ssd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the ssd you want to wipe, change X to that...

Colif

Win 11 Master
don't suppose you have another PC you can put ssd into and see if it works there?

if PC does start, check the drive in disk management and see if it has any partitions on it still. If it works, copy anything off it you want to keep.

Can run diskpart on it and wipe it to see if it helps you run installer
If other PC has win 10, go to settings/update & security/recovery
Under advanced startup, choose restart now button
this loads blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and ssd/hdd, make note of ssd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the ssd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean

careful, don't wipe wrong drive here :)

Solution