Monitor won't turn on after power outage but only for a while, what is the reason?

Nixel

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
Hi!

I have 4 monitors at home, attached to 2 PCs.

When occasional power outage happens, 3 of them always come back on once power is back. But one of them, namely "NEC MultiSync 20WGX2", pretends to stay 'dead' for about 5 minutes after that. But then it turns back on, perfectly fine.

I wonder, what is the reason of this delay and is there anything I can do to reduce it? (Other than buying another one) It's not a long time, but it is annoying, especially since each time this happens I spend these 5 minutes thinking "Is it finally dead this time?". And I'm just curious about why this happens only to this one monitor but not any other I ever worked with, including other NECs, DELLs and SAMSUNG monitors.

Nixel

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

Only after power outage. If I turn it off, even using the power switch on the back, it turns back on fine. If I turn it off, unplug it, plug it back in, it will also turn on quick. I did not check if pulling the plug out while it's on will make any difference though.

They are turned off at night.

Nixel

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

It seems to behave the same as with power outage. I did not measure it, but I think it just turned on a bit faster, but it was still 'dead' for a while.

Nixel

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

I'm sorry for delay in response.

This monitor is old, but it acted like this even when it was new.

What do you mean "connected by itself"?

TRENDING THREADS