Displayport to DVI-D Duallink 1080p 144hz support

leviverkerk

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Hi I have three monitors and a razer blade 14 2017. I want to use these three monitors. I want to achieve this using the dedicated HDMI port on the blade and the thunderbolt 3 port, using this connector https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F81EIBC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3HIHADV23VGU1&psc=1 so I can plug 2 monitors in there. My two side monitors are just 1080p 60hz screen so they dont really matter, but where I am concerned about is my main monitor (the BenQ XL2411). It supports 1080p 144hz via DVI-D Duallink but the thunderbolt adapter only has a displayport. So I think I need a converter/adapter from displayport to DVI-D Duallink which supports 144hz. I found two adapters will these work?

Or do you guys have other suggestions?

Solution

The first one may work. DP to DL-DVI adapters are complex and can be quite finicky. So it may work, it may not.

The second is a Single-Link DVI adapter so you will not be able to get 144 Hz through it (even though it says Dual-Link in the title, it is not). All cheap DP to DVI adapters are Single-Link only.

Solution