System stopped booting after resetting BIOS to default (displays RAM issue)

marek.tymczasowy

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Hello,

I recently build my first PC and I encountered a problem where I couldn't boot my system with 2 RAM sticks. It was working fine with one of them but I couldn't boot it with two. After a few days I tried to change some settings in bios ( xmp profile, RAM voltage etc.) but despite my efforts it didn't seems to work. Instead of swapping all of the settings back I thought I'll just return the BIOS to the default settings and that's when the problems started.

I can't boot the system at all now, no matter which RAM stick I use in whichever socket ( I checked all combinations) My motherboard displays numbers of problems and according to a manual they are:
1. "53" - Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed (if I use 1st channel sockets)
2. "CC" - which is not specified in the manual ( on the 2nd channel sockets)
3. "55" - Memory not installed ( this one displays after I try using my motherboard's MemOK! button which should automatically tune memory I have installed for successful boot)

Any other things I tried like resetting CMOS or booting in safe mode(there is button for that on my motherboard as well) didn't help.

I am using
CPU: I7 7700k
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Formula
RAM: Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133
GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W
Hard Drive: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

If anyone knows what is the problem or how can I fix it please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Check that the CPU is mounted evenly and is not knocked out of position. Could remove CPU and then remount carefully and evenly.

If still having issues, then test the memory modules in another computer and/or try some other compatible memory.