Is it safe to run my 6700k at 1.1 on stock frequency?

mehdi.yad123

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Hey guys!
So I figured out that my motherboard had, by default, set the CPU Vcore at 1.35. Which is way too much for a stock frequency CPU. I've got an i7 6700k and I'm running it on stock 4 GHz.

The issue was that my CPU was getting hotter than usual then I started dropping the Vcore voltage. I now have it set on 1.1v. I've tested games and such and have had absolutely no problem, plus the temps are amazingly low. I'm not getting past 52%. (I can't set the Vcore voltage any lower as the system stops responding and would require a hard reset)

So my question is if this 1.1v is safe to keep. I know that high voltages are CPU killers but is this minimum safe to go with? Since I have had no problems running things.

Search for stock core voltage, which was probably 1.2 .....

I'd be surprised to see the voltage that high unless tinkering with the goofy auto-over clocking options in the BIOS.

Set them to defaults.

What cooler? And what are load temps? Try core of 1.2...

mehdi.yad123

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

It was set at 1.35 by default, which was quite surprising for me too. I was having constant 70-75 degrees in my games which would even hit 80 degrees on 100% load and sometimes even had stability issues. Everything seems to be fine now that I've dumped it down to 1.1v.

I'm using http://www.thermalright.de/en/cooler/56/le-grand-macho-rt