Solved

Monitor not working anymore

I have a Dell E1911 Monitor which was given to me on 2012 and has been used almost everyday ever since and recently, while my mother is watching videos, the monitor just shut off and now it won't turn on. I tried swapping power cables and sockets but no luck. The whole computer is connected to an AVR.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor working anymore
  1. if there is no power I would say the Power supply went. if it has a standard three prong PC cable the PSU is internal, and unless you want t open it, game over.
  2. R_1 said:
    if there is no power I would say the Power supply went. if it has a standard three prong PC cable the PSU is internal, and unless you want t open it, game over.

What should I check for inside the monitor?
  3. blown capacitors, burned areas on circuit board, it could simply be a fuse.
    do you have soldering experience, tools? I do not suggest opening anything without prior experience/guidance. the power supplies can have charged capacitors and are dangerous.
  4. is the power light on or off? monitor uses a standard power cord. did you try anther monitor to make certain it is not a pc issue?
  5. ffg7 said:
    is the power light on or off? monitor uses a standard power cord. did you try anther monitor to make certain it is not a pc issue?

Yes currently it is connected to a flat screen TV via HDMI and it works
  6. is the power light on or off when the monitor goes black?
  7. ffg7 said:
    is the power light on or off when the monitor goes black?

No it isn't. It's purely black, no light indicators are on
  8. Best answer
    then it is the onboard psu that is the problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors