How do i allow an app(Discord) to use the microphone feature after initially choosing no?

Kobe Eveleigh

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I was multi-tasking between installing a bunch of programs & playing a game at the same time, one of the programs being Discord. I found the microphone did not work. I tried installing the program and using my same headset on a different system in case my headset was defective. It worked perfectly. I noticed the pop-up asking me to enable microphone permission for Discord, did not remember seeing this when installing the program the first time. So I think when multi-tasking I may have hit no/ESC as I was not going to actually use the program at the time. I tested using facebook voice call and verified the headset is working correctly(no audio settings issues). Game audio works, MP3/MP4 audio works.

I went into privacy settings(In Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone)to try to fix this but I do not see Discord listed. Everything that's appearing there right now is set to Yes. It also does not appear at all in Component Services(Unless it's sitting in there somewhere unidentifiable as some registry key?). I tried uninstalling the program & reinstalling but no change, I find it really strange this wouldn't trigger the popup appearing again.

Hopefully there's some kind of command line function or something that can fix this.