4k (PG27AQ) vs (PG278QR) Triple monitor help with 2 gtx 1080 Sli

davidsiu

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Hi I originally built a computer for myself to play racing simulation game but I do play other games sometimes.
I am currently using i7-7700k, 32gb ram, 2 gtx 1080 stix with water cooling the whole pc. I went shopping for monitor yesterday and bought 3 pg278qr however I debating to exchabge and buy the 4k -pg27aq.

I know one the 278QR is 1ms, 165hz, and the 27AQ 4 ms 60hz. I been thinking lot but I still not sure which is a better option for me if I want to run triple monitors with 2 gtx 1080 sli. The system most likely do about 70% race simulation game and 30% the others

Or is there any other options beside these two?

Solution
the 27aq have better panel than the 278qr, the 278qr is tn panel, which is the reason why it is able to have 1ms response time, the 27aq also have 100% srgb out of box, meanwhile the 278qr is near 100% right under 100%, but those werent big problem if you dont do color intensive work. for sure if the games were heavy it wont run with solid performance in multiple monitor, especially 4k, but if you only want to play it in 1 monitor it shouldnt be a problem. for sure the advantage of the 278qr is higher refresh rate, which would make gaming with a lot of fast action looks smooth, but the 27aq also have advantage with higher resolution, which would be beneficial for multitasking and sharper images

nvincent_08

Reputable
the 27aq have better panel than the 278qr, the 278qr is tn panel, which is the reason why it is able to have 1ms response time, the 27aq also have 100% srgb out of box, meanwhile the 278qr is near 100% right under 100%, but those werent big problem if you dont do color intensive work. for sure if the games were heavy it wont run with solid performance in multiple monitor, especially 4k, but if you only want to play it in 1 monitor it shouldnt be a problem. for sure the advantage of the 278qr is higher refresh rate, which would make gaming with a lot of fast action looks smooth, but the 27aq also have advantage with higher resolution, which would be beneficial for multitasking and sharper images

Solution