SilverStone SX800-LTI PSU Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy that used to work for SLM at one time in his life. On one of the products for the company brands owned, he could mod it (it was a musical instrument amplifier) for just a couple of pennies and could have saved the company large sums of money on warranty work and improve reliability. He proposed the change, and it was denied because it broke the price-point, and warranties would cover any issues anyway.

When bean-counters run the show, products will suffer, just so the price-point isn't exceeded and (now days particularly, immediate) profits are maximized. Makes me wonder if Silverstone listened to their bean-counters a little too much.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
The thing I appreciate in SilverStone is that they didn't follow the marketing war in the warranty periods. For me it is really weird to see 10-12 years warranty in PSUs. Now with the mining craziness many companies are trying to find ways to get out of this.

seanwilson5274

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
why did an ad leading to this article popped up automatically on my windows 10 screen? I don't like being spammed, and even less so, when it comes in as sneaky as this.

SilverStone Guy

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014

If bean-counters had their way, a PSU like this would have never been released in the first place! It's a very niche product that will not sell in significant quantities. Implementing sleeve bearing fan was not a cost-cutting move, it was out of necessity to keep the PSU noise low for the intended applications. At the time of development, FDB version of this fan was not yet available to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.