jwkelley77

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
Computer
Motherboard: p8p67
CPU Intel i5 2500k
GPU GTX 970
Two drives one SSD with Windows 10 and one 650 gb for games and storage

Recently I have been having strange power issues. Sometimes I will shut off and it will then not power back on. Power will run but it will not post. If I wait a day it tends to fix itself but will start from the time I powered it down., like it was just sleeping. So windows that were open will still be open, the same programs will be running.

At first I thought it was a hardware issue so I took everything out, put it back in, tested other parts ect. ect. but this had no effect. I would even try and drain the voltage and clear the bios and this had no effect. I would give up and then the next day the computer would start like nothing was wrong.

Recently i bought a new keyboard and if I shut the computer down from keyboards shutdown command this problem will happen. Computer will not post, but the next day things will restart like it is waking from hibernation to the point where I shut down the computer. (this is after the computer is unplugged for a day)>

Any suggestion? I am thinking updating motherboard bios, and maybe something wrong with SSD?

Solution

I do believe fast startup in windows 10 OS environments is Deepsleep/Hibernation Combo.
I have had this occur once before and I resolved the issue by disabling all sleep/hibernation and hybrid sleep.

bailojustin

Distinguished

I do believe fast startup in windows 10 OS environments is Deepsleep/Hibernation Combo.
I have had this occur once before and I resolved the issue by disabling all sleep/hibernation and hybrid sleep.

Solution