Windows 10 INSTALL DISC 0xc000021a Error

william.milner3

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Hello,
I recently changed my motherboard, cpu and ram. I forgot to uninstall windows so installed my motherboard driver on a windows 10 oem that was bonded to my old motherboard. I then realized as i couldn't activate windows after multiple attempts with different keys as thats what i was recommended to do and then i wiped my hard drive. I've then gone to install windows 10 iso from a dvd drive as my motherboard doesn't recognize usbs for some reason even when I've formatted it. I keep getting this error after the windows logo pops up and then it crashes after spinning a few times. Need help with this asap thanks a lot!

Solution
depends on motherboard, if it has secure boot or fast boot enabled, it might be ignoring the USB drive completely

Bug Check 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.

this makes me think its ignoring dvd as well as that error normally only happens on the boot drive.

What motherboard do you have?

You could have contacted...
Hello william.milner3

Can you please check and confirm if you obtained Windows 10 installation DVD from a Trusted Source? You can download the .ISO file on a different PC, burn it to a DVD, and use the DVD to install Windows on your computer.

For Windows activation, you might need to contact Microsoft's Support Team, and they'll help you with it after confirming your identity.

Please note that in any case you should not use any other key to activate your Windows and you're the owner.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

william.milner3

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017

Will be getting an official windows 10 cd today from a friend I’ll reply later what happens.

Colif

Win 11 Master
depends on motherboard, if it has secure boot or fast boot enabled, it might be ignoring the USB drive completely

Bug Check 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.

this makes me think its ignoring dvd as well as that error normally only happens on the boot drive.

What motherboard do you have?

You could have contacted Microsoft and told them what you did and they may have activated windows on old install.

Solution