Why is there no option to remain logged in?

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
addons, private browsing, cookie destroyer, av adware remover, script disabler, browser settings to delete all history on close.

i would suggest you dont troubleshoot this issue, because it means youre probably more secure web-browsing than most. the destruction of all lazy cookies stops browser hijacks from reaching further than what youre looking at.

seanspotatobusiness

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Whatever the issue is, other forums have found a way to permit me to stay logged in without me having to make special changes. I don't have any kind of cookie destroyer and I'm not using private browsing nor deleting my browser history.

There isn't even a check box for me to say that I want to stay logged in. Does this mean it's not optional on Tom's Hardware and it attempts (and in my case fails) to make you stay logged on all the time regardless?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I've found the site has been kinda buggy ever since the update a little while back. On the main page I'm always logged out (shows the Log in/Sign Up buttons), but as soon as I click on Forum I'm logged in again. Also, the comment from the forums button is gone from all the articles for me.