Speakers not working after headphones plugged in

VGM8Richard

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
Hi so I have a dumb issue that probably isn't that hard but the fixes I've tried didn't work.
I used my headphones and when I unplugged them no sound came out of my speakers anymore.
I tried rebooting, plugging headphones back in and out a couple of times, reinstalled audio drivers, checked regedit etc. It shows that sound is working but no sound is coming out. It does not appear to be a hardware problem.

https://gyazo.com/beaaa3922a52917096055d9d95d9f014

VGM8Richard

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

It's not supposed to be like that. When I unplug my headphones and want audio to flow through my speakers - it doesn't. Then when I plug my headphones back in, there is sound again. I plug them back out - no sound.

VGM8Richard

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

On my case? I'd be surprised, I am using the nzxt s340 elite which is a relatively high/mid-end one. I think it has to do with my headphones/channels that the audio is going through, it's somehow not reaching my speakers I think. I just don't know how to technologically make sense of that.

VGM8Richard

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

I reinstalled realtek, ran the manager, plugs were wrong, detected the speakers in the incorrect one so reset it and that fixed it.