TN or IPS, AOC G2460VQ6 or LG 24MP59G-P which one to buy?

alexandar.djordjevic

Commendable
Oct 13, 2017
Both are rated as "Gaming monitors" both have flicker free and free sync (i have RX 470 card) and both are similar size. I personally don't have experience with TN or IPS monitors, i have old LCD Philips and it's time to upgrade. My wife have IPS monitor but cheaper one which have color gamut rated at 79%. However this LG have 99% but people say that this LG monitor sometimes makes troubles with blue or orange haze. I do alot of gaming, but also alot of web design, photoshop, lightroom and photography. And choice between IPS and TN is divided on that. Many gamers i asked on Steam would choose TN for faster response (1ms) but they say TN have less accurate colors. So guys which one would you prefer to get and/or if you own one of this what is your experience?

alexandar.djordjevic

Commendable
Oct 13, 2017
I bought the LG and while color quality is really good, monitor is complete crap. Backlight bleed is real problem i had to RMA one and design quality is also low level. I got dead pixel after only 1 month of use. Luckily it's on bottom of the screen. For gaming there is a slight amount of ghosting but overall for photoshop and photography work it really have good and sharp colors.