Thinking of buying a new monitor and upgrade the resolution.

emil_forslund

Commendable
Aug 31, 2017
Currently I am sitting with a GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, an i5-7600k and a ASUS VQ248QE. The monitor I am considering is the Dell 24" S2417DG QHD G-Sync, and I wonder if I will be able to push the overclocked 165Hz with my current setup or if I should stick to my old monitor for a bit longer? Would love some other monitor suggestions aswell as long as they are not like 1000$+.

Solution
Yes, GTX1070 should do well.
I saw QHD and thought 4k.

I do think a 27" version would be more immersive.
And you still need to decide if you want faster response with a tn panel, or better image quality with a ips panel.
4k resolution on a 24" monitor makes text very small.
You may find that a GTX1070 will not drive a 4k monitor significantly past 60fps.
My thought is that if you are going to 4k, look for something larger.
27" at least, but perhaps one of the larger curved units.
They are very immersive.

Larger units tend to use better quality ips panels.
If image quality is more important than frame rates, then look for ips and not tn.

And... keep your old monitor attached for email, performance monitors and such. It will not detract from your gaming performance.

emil_forslund

Commendable
Aug 31, 2017
Well, I am not looking for a 4k monitor, as the one I am currently looking at is a 1440p monitor, I would think a 1070 should be able to handle it? Thanks for the reply anyhow :)

emil_forslund

Commendable
Aug 31, 2017

Well, will have to think this one through since all the decent 1440p monitors in Sweden are hella expensive atm. Thanks for you answer though :)
Cheers