Which amplifier to get

jeanbezzina

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
I'm new to this forum hope I get some attention, I have a pair of Lanzar MX6C component speakers rated at 200w RMS at 4ohms each maximum 400w each. My question is I'm trying to find a decent amplifier that powers them and also a subwoofer in the back. I was thinking about getting Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12 rated at 250w RMS at 2ohms or Kicker CompVT TCRT12 rated at 600w RMS at 2 or 4ohms. These subs are both shallow woofers and I have limited space in the back Mazda2 2008. I was thinking in getting a 4 channel amp that powers both the front speakers and the subwoofer (later on next year planning to get a pair of rear speaker rated at 200w RMS and then buy a mono amp just for the subwoofer). What do you guys think works best for me or do you have any recommendation of woofer I should buy? I only have the front speakers for now so I'm very flexible in what I can buy. I have a budget of 250€ for the amp.

Solution
These are my suggestions, keep in mind I would rather have 50 watts clean from a quality amp than 90 watts from an unclean cheap amplifier. others will argue, that going to the most wattage, bang for the buck is better. Only you can make up your mind if you want a 3 series bmw or a top end kia... if you listen to your music loud, a quality amplifier will provide cleaner signal at higher wattage outputs extending the life of your speakers.

These are the models I would recommend.
Digital Designs A4 (a5 if you can stretch to 300)
Rainbow Dream 4
Ground Zero GZTA 4125X-B

Out of those I like the Rainbow the best.

jeanbezzina

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jeanbezzina : "Which amplifier should I get?"

I'm new to this forum hope I get some attention, I have a pair of Lanzar MX6C component speakers rated at 200w RMS at 4ohms each maximum 400w each. My question is I'm trying to find a decent amplifier that powers them and also a subwoofer in the back. I was thinking about getting Rockford Fosgate R2S-1X12 rated at 250w RMS at 2ohms or Kicker CompVT TCRT12 rated at 600w RMS at 2 or 4ohms. These subs are both shallow woofers and I have limited space in the back Mazda2 2008. I was thinking in getting a 4 channel amp that powers both the front speakers and the subwoofer (later on next year planning to get a pair of rear speaker rated at 200w RMS and then buy a mono amp just for the subwoofer). What do you guys think works best for me or do you have any recommendation of woofer I should buy? I only have the front speakers for now so I'm very flexible in what I can buy. I have a budget of 250€ for the amp.

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
These are my suggestions, keep in mind I would rather have 50 watts clean from a quality amp than 90 watts from an unclean cheap amplifier. others will argue, that going to the most wattage, bang for the buck is better. Only you can make up your mind if you want a 3 series bmw or a top end kia... if you listen to your music loud, a quality amplifier will provide cleaner signal at higher wattage outputs extending the life of your speakers.

These are the models I would recommend.
Digital Designs A4 (a5 if you can stretch to 300)
Rainbow Dream 4
Ground Zero GZTA 4125X-B

Out of those I like the Rainbow the best.

Solution