Windows 10 installation

janck

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
Hi!
I just built a PC and installed Windows 10 on it. After some time i couln't press the windows symbol on the desktop so I pressed the power switch. When I tried turning it on it started an infinity reboot loop (when I typed in my password, the bsod showed and after restart it happened again). I tried to install Windows again but I keep getting bsod and errors (like 0x8007025D) when it starts installing. I tried it with multiple Usb's and with 3.0 and 2.0 port, I also took out one stick of ram but haven't succeeded yet. What should I try now?

Solution
the error indicates something like "ill formed data was in the buffer"
I would try a different usb port maybe plug your keyboard into a usb 2 port.
I would also unplug any usb devices that are not required to boot.

if you just built the machine, make sure your usb cables from the motherboard to the case are inserted in correctly. ie the header is not offset or on the wrong motherboard header.

you can also try and use the usb connectors on the back of the motherboard. they will be hardwired and are more likely to work. (as long as the case is not shorting out the hub)

you could also go into bios and disable your usb 3 ports. then re enable them after the windows install.
net motherboard might have usb 3.1 or usb3.2 ports that...

janck

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017

the error indicates something like "ill formed data was in the buffer"
I would try a different usb port maybe plug your keyboard into a usb 2 port.
I would also unplug any usb devices that are not required to boot.

if you just built the machine, make sure your usb cables from the motherboard to the case are inserted in correctly. ie the header is not offset or on the wrong motherboard header.

you can also try and use the usb connectors on the back of the motherboard. they will be hardwired and are more likely to work. (as long as the case is not shorting out the hub)

you could also go into bios and disable your usb 3 ports. then re enable them after the windows install.
net motherboard might have usb 3.1 or usb3.2 ports that will not work until the motherboard driver is installed.

Solution