If I change my MOBO / CPU, what happens to windows?

zodric

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
Hey guys I'm pretty sure many have asked this question before, but it is 2017 so things might be different. My questions is if I upgrade my current motherboard and cpu will windows still be there & I know it depends on if I get the same brand mobo or not. am still debating on which motherboard I should get. I still have my Microsoft account logged in. No windows 10 CD.

Solution
some version of windows you can only use one (oem). there locked to the mb. some people do the "my mb just fried and i had to replace it trick a lot on Microsoft. most times if the chipset is close windows may boot without errors. most time if you before you move the main drive remove all of the devices it may not crash. the issues is windows will want to be register on the new mb.
some version of windows you can only use one (oem). there locked to the mb. some people do the "my mb just fried and i had to replace it trick a lot on Microsoft. most times if the chipset is close windows may boot without errors. most time if you before you move the main drive remove all of the devices it may not crash. the issues is windows will want to be register on the new mb.

Solution