Computer won't turn on after going to sleep mode

Solution
computer shut's down the light, enters sleep mode and it doesn't light up anymore even though the power led is still on? you put your pc to sleep manually and it doesnt shut down the leds? yes?

question: do you have an Intel's graphics card? if the answer is also yes...

it's a common issue since windows 8, but it happens more frequently on windows 10. there is an incompatibility btw windows 10 and the driver for the Intel VGA graphics card, basically the process should be: the OS sends the signal to shut down the lights and enter sleep mode, that is transmitted to the motherboard and than for the graphics card. the problem is that the new Intel's VGA drivers cause an incompatibility with older motherboards, so the signal is sent...

FixxeS

Commendable
May 23, 2016
computer shut's down the light, enters sleep mode and it doesn't light up anymore even though the power led is still on? you put your pc to sleep manually and it doesnt shut down the leds? yes?

question: do you have an Intel's graphics card? if the answer is also yes...

it's a common issue since windows 8, but it happens more frequently on windows 10. there is an incompatibility btw windows 10 and the driver for the Intel VGA graphics card, basically the process should be: the OS sends the signal to shut down the lights and enter sleep mode, that is transmitted to the motherboard and than for the graphics card. the problem is that the new Intel's VGA drivers cause an incompatibility with older motherboards, so the signal is sent correctly to the VGA (since intel's VGA is the one that takes care of your screen) but the VGA sends the signal to the motherboard, but because of the driver, that is kinda incompatible with the motherboard, the motherboard doesn't get all the information because driver's are like if there was a translator. understand like if the motherboard was an american, the VGA is a german and than you have the drivers which are the entities that translate everything into eachother's language. basically the motherboard doesn't understand some "words" the VGA driver says, so it accomplishes what it understood and puts aside the parts that it can't understand. so the motherboard understands the signal to shut down the screen, but it can't understand the signal to save everything on disk and shut the computer down, so this problem happens.
you need to install an older driver version for Intel VGA. understand it like if the most recent driver is too advanced for the motherboard, it's like trying to put a ferrari engine on a renault clio... it doesn't even fit... so you need to find something that does fit, and that is an older, outdated, more rudimentary driver... I remember this problem hapenning on my PC, so I needed to get a driver older than version 9... everything more recent than version 9.0 would make my computer malfunction and not enter sleep mode. but each computer is different, you will need to try, 1 by 1, from the most recent to the oldest, what intel's VGA driver version works to you. I remember spending an entire day installing and uninstalling VGA drivers...

it also can be caused by other stuff, not only the Intel's VGA, but VGA drivers are the most common as far as I know...
or you can do it just like me: deactivate sleep mode forever and don't use it. much more simple... on windows 10 starting the computer takes what? 40 seconds? it isn't that much...
shutting down the computer and starting it again was a pain before windows 8... a computer would take like 3 mins to be fully funtional... now with just 30 or 40 seconds you can do it... for me there is no reason to use hibernate or sleep mode on windows 8 or 10...

Solution