Good specs NO performance???? (please help :[ )

averywatkins867

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
SO! I have a Radeon RX 480 GPU, an FX-8370 4ghz 8-core CPU, and 16gbs ram in my system, which normally would run most games no problem correct? Not for me. for some unknown reason, my pc struggles with a lot of games! Rainbow Six Siege i have stuttering issues/fps drops, bf1 same thing, sometimes even some drops in Overwatch! I'm sick of it! It's not thermal throttling as i've checked for that before. All of these problems can still occur at even medium settings for some games as well!!! If you have any questions please ask them I invite anyone to even attempt to help me with this issue.

p.s. I have a random suspension it could possibly be the motherboard that is causing these issues. I am no expert in troubleshooting so I need all the help I can get...

averywatkins867

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017

I still feel like if i can run Overwatch on Ultra and get around 120+ frames consistently then i feel i should be able to run Rainbow Six on the lowest settings possible and still get stuttering. I'm not ignorant to the fact that my specs aren't amazing, but i still feel like there is an issue BESIDES my specs. I'm NOT wondering why i'm not getting over a thousand frames on highest siege settings, i'm wondering why i'm dropping frames on some of the lowest settings in some games.

averywatkins867

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017

I'm playing siege right now and i'm on high everything but anti-aliasing is at FXAA and texture detail is at high. I haven't seen a frame drop and i have recently last night switched up the airflow in my case and cleaned out some dust from the case (wasn't to bad but the CPU radiator was pretty dusty tbh). i'm running good thermals as far as i can see. I'm assuming the issue was simply the CPU thermal throttling which I didn't think would be the issue but ill be sure to check on the cpu now and then to be sure