Gpu display problems, please help!!

hillelslovak

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Corsair Carbide Spec Alpha case, i5 6600, 16 gb g skill ddr4 ram, Asrock H170M Pro4 mobo, R9 380x 4gb gpu, 2xToshiba 3tb hdd, 1xSeagate Barracuda 3tb.

Monitor is a planar pll2710w monitor.

Ok, for a couple weeks now, I have had extreme trouble connecting my pc to my monitor. According to planar, the monitor has a messed up connector. The monitor seems to recognize there is a connection, but the light just blinks and blinks. After a few hours, the monitor will flash on, and it's good. if the pc stays on, the monitor comes right back, showing everything fine, even if I turn off the monitor, then back on again.

Here's the thing, I dont know if my gpu is messed up as well. I have been playing demanding games like Shadow of War, Dishonored 2, and Battlefield 1. I have not been having problems with artifacting, screen flickers or anything else I can notice. I've had the latest drivers installed, and the 3 other, older drivers. Does not make a difference.

The gpu has trouble connecting to other tvs now too. I have a philips and a vizio. I connected the system to the philips and vizio tvs via straight hdmi connection, and through an hdmi to dvi adapter (hdmi on the tv side) and I get nothing. I connected the integrated intel gpu on the motherboard to the tvs through hdmi, and it boots up ok. The integrated intel gpu does not boot up normally with the planar monitor.

So, on the monitor, is it finished? I've attempted to connect a bluray player to it, and it was a no go. Should I maybe send the monitor to a shop to get it fixed?

And what about the amd gpu? It cant really connect to any screen with reliability, but when it's connected and going on the monitor, it's all good.

So what should I do?