Black screen after Bios or sometimes launching games full screen

NeedHelp92

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
For the last few months after turning on the PC I would sometimes get a black screen after bios and I thought my HDD or drivers were corrupt. However, recently I upgraded my HDD to SSD and wiped everything off my PC and reinstalled windows. I still sometimes get the same black screen after Bios startup and tries to boot windows. So I decided to try and unplug my HDMI from my monitor and re-plug it in. It worked! It showed me the windows load up screen without me having to do force restart. Same thing happens when I play games (tested on GTA V and PES 2018), a black screen appears and I had to unplug and re-plug my HDMI (either on the monitor or on the GPU). However, recently I tried another test. When I got the black screen I turned off my monitor and turned it back on. Like magic the game screen would show and my desktop too (ALT + TAB).

So I am confused here. What seems to be the issue? Is it the GPU/HDMI cable/monitor? They are all pretty brand new.

Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB
Asus VP228H 21.5" FHD Monitor
Generic good HDMI cable

Please advice.

NeedHelp92

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

Sorry for delayed response. Changed my motherboard and haven't had the issue since. May be it's fixed.

NeedHelp92

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

I mean I got a new motherboard, PSU, CPU cooler, Case and soon RAM, but the only thing that makes sense as a solution was the motherboard.