How do I install with windows 10 with a dvd, on a computer with no OS?

myfrozensoul

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
I just bought a pre built pc with no os, and windows 10 dvd.
I placed the dvd on the optical drive, but the screen doesn't show anything.
(I thought maybe the screen wasn't working so I tested it on another computer and it was working)

When I turn on the pc, the screen doesn't show anything as if its not getting any input.

I was under the impression all I had to do was place the dvd in and follow the instructions...seems I was wrong.

How can I install windows 10 on this computer?

myfrozensoul

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017

When I turn on the pc, all I get is a black screen, it shows nothing to press to get into the BIOS.
How can I get into the BIOS?

Usually to enter BIOS you press either the "del" key or "F1". However you should be getting the POST screen when turning on your PC, otherwise there might be some issue going on.

Make sure your monitor is correctly plugged in to the PC and better if you're using a DVI or Displayport cable to connect to it. Sometimes HDMI has issues recognizing signal fast enough to show you the BIOS screen.

myfrozensoul

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017

The monitor is correctly plugged, and it's not hdmi or dvi as those jacks are different.(guessing it's display port).

Well, when I purchased the pc I forgot it didn't have an OS.
Thinking it was easy I decided to buy the os and do it myself instead of carrying around the computer again.

If I had purchased the computer and the os as well, the store would install it for free.
Now I will have to bring this back and ask them to fix this >_>

It might even be a problem with the computer itself and not my fault. But if I had asked for the installation, They would be forced to dealing with any problem right there and fixing it before I even took the computer away.