Can't access BIOS at all.

dontbealemonman

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
I installed ubuntu on my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 the other week, and it seems to be working fine, until I rebooted my laptop to switch back over to windows10. I noticed it would just skip the dell logo and the option to press any commands to go to the BIOS, then boot into ubuntu. I downloaded a boot sequence app and chose win10 as the primary. This worked, however, I am now not able to get back to ubuntu at all.

Every time I reboot, it either goes to a black screen for 30 seconds, then boots WIN10, or just doesn't boot at all.

What I've tried:

-spamming every possible BIOS command, f1, f2, esc, delete etc

-try to boot from usb in the advanced startup menu,

-deleting linux off my computer and trying to reinstall from usb

-And much more, been at this for 2 days and Im minutes away from throwing my computer out the window.

Solution
hmmm, have you tried reseting cmos?

video might show you how: [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRIZiY89uqc"][/video]

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you try advanced start up?

go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose UEFI Firmware interface

this should load you into bios.

did you set Ubuntu to boot in legacy & Win 10 to boot in UEFI? thaty would be only reason I can think why you have to choose from one or other.

dontbealemonman

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017

Tried that, any option I choose just reboots the computer, goes to black screen for a bit, the boots windows 10. Sometimes it just stays at the black screen forever. Dont believe I chose legacy