Intel core 2 quad q9650 wont work with HIG41 uATX - PC Won't Boot

gingerboy99

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Hey Guys,

I am hoping someone can help..

I am trying to breathe life into my old HP G5135 PC which has a Foxconn HIG41-uATX Motherboard, as such I have thus far installed 4GB (2 x 2GB) of Corsair XMS 3 DDR3 1333Mhz ram, a 250GB SSD and a Quadro K2200 graphics card and all was working fine.

After looking at the supported CPU list I then decided to replace the E5400 Dual core CPU for a Q9550 Quad core CPU, I am running v6.10 (the last) FW on the HIG41-Uatx motherboard. From what I can tell this should all be fine.

Problem is when I replaced the CPU the PC no longer boots even after clearing the CMOS, I get one short and one long beep code from the bios which googling tells me is a memory issue. I have tried different removing options - removing one stick, removing both sticks and reusing old ram but nothing works, I am sure it's related to the new CPU which was pulled from a working PC.

I thought it might have also been a power issue as there is only a 300W PSU in the machine, I have removed the power from all devices bar the primary HD and and even removed the graphics card and that makes no difference either.

So can anyone give me any ideas or pointers of things to try?

Thanks in advance!

PS - details on the Motherboard here - http://www.game-debate.com/motherboard/index.php?mot_id=2632&motherboard=Foxconn%20H-IG41-uATX