Windows 10 login in screen stuck in infinite loop

omeralam7

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Hello, I just recently started having an issue with my windows 10 login. When i login the first time from cold boot (shutdown), the login works fine, but when i go to sleep and then try to login in again, it is stuck in an infinite loop. The screen comes on , the loading circle flashes for a second and then im back to square one to repeat the loop over and over again.

Solution
some device is not waking up from a low power state.
basially, first thing to try would be to update the BIOS and motherboard drivers.
you might go into control panel, and set your system to high performance mode so it does not sleep until you can apply fixes.

this is most common if you upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. some of the old device drivers did not work correctly for low power links (sleep states) these functions were turned off by default on windows 7. windows 8 and windows 10 turn them on by default and people hit the various bugs

most likely a network driver not waking up (just fyi)

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
These problems can be very difficult to track down. Can be a lot of things. Try resetting BIOS to defaults, and doing an MBR reset. If that doesn't work, restore to a disk image backup or if you don't have one, do a clean install of the OS.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3113585/windows/how-to-repair-windows-master-boot-record-and-fix-your-bricked-pc.html
https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

If you meanage to load into Windows, run a backup ASAP in case this happens again. If you don't use a tool already, Rollback Rx and MAcrium Reflect are great freeware tools.

some device is not waking up from a low power state.
basially, first thing to try would be to update the BIOS and motherboard drivers.
you might go into control panel, and set your system to high performance mode so it does not sleep until you can apply fixes.

this is most common if you upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. some of the old device drivers did not work correctly for low power links (sleep states) these functions were turned off by default on windows 7. windows 8 and windows 10 turn them on by default and people hit the various bugs

most likely a network driver not waking up (just fyi)

Solution