Asus pg278qr green screen at 165hz

Francesco_7

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Hello, I just purchased a asus rog pg278qr from Amazon waredeals and in the description it only says that product got some scratch on the base and that's it. Description is true, the display is perfect and works flawlessly, no dead pixels or problems. When I try to go up to 165 hz using the osd the display resets, and when I try to apply the 165hz frequency the screen turns green and stays like that all the the time until I go back to 144hz. I used the dp cable that comes with display and another one I already had, same results. Is this a faulted unit? I do something wrong? Should I rma it? Will the 165hz a huge jump from 144? Thanks

Francesco_7

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

Thanks for the reply! I supposed that too, but I just wanted to know if theres is something I could do. I'm ok with the results of the display and got this for 130euros less than the new price. You think it is a faulted unit?

Ghomri

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Hi i have the same problem now. I just got a new PG278QR, after i returned my first on because of a dead pixel. I was able to run 165Hz without any problems on the first one, but this one turns green when running 165Hz. I only got the monitor changed, so i'm using same Display Port and power cables. So it shouldn't be because of the cables.