Kernel Power Event 41 error: need help determining source (dmp files provided)

michaelbisbee

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Hi all. I've been slowly narrowing down a kernel power error over the past few evenings. I'm 90% sure my GPU is a dud and I need to RMA it, but I wanted to post my crash minidump files here to see if anyone can diagnose this as something else.

screenshot of minidump files: https://ibb.co/mAL11R

Computer specs: Windows 10, MSI Carbon z370 motherboard, intel i3-8350k processor, GTX 1080 ti card, 16gb gskill 3200hz RAM.

I've tried two different PSUs. I've tried switching my RAM modules around. I've uninstalled drivers using DDU and reinstalled. I've tried two different slots for my GPU on the motherboard. My temps are absolutely fine. Whenever I try to run a game or test my card using Heaven, I get a kernel power error within a few minutes. The problem has gotten much worse over the past few days. I was able to play games for a few hours on Sunday, but now I can't even get past the loading screens to start a game.

However, if I pull the card out and run on integrated graphics, everything is just fine. No errors.

I've read up a bit on the errors I'm getting in the dump screenshot above, and everything says it's either drivers or my GPU is dead. Based on the facts above, I'm leaning towards dead GPU. Any recommendations on other courses of action before I RMA?