Windows messed up and can't re-install it. HELP PLEASE

dark_blank17

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
At first i got this budget PC without a graphic card which i am planning to use an IGP until i can afford for a gpu. but somehow it just doesn't work. But it has problem, it always rebooting every time i install the on board graphic driver. I ask the manufacturer about my problem and send my spec to them, but looks like there is nothing wrong with the exactly same system i use. I even brought my motherboard, processor, and HDD to the distributor and it seems like there is nothing wrong with it. it work just fine. they installed the on board graphic driver successfully. but when i am back home and tried it, the exact same problem occurred again. this is my spec at that time :

Intel Pentium G4560 Kabylake
AsRock B150m PRO4
Team T-force Vulcan 2x4 GB 2400 MHz
Toshiba 2TB 7200 RPM
Seasonic G550 80+ Gold
CRT monitor with active converter HDMI to VGA
Windows 10 64 bit

Since my system work just fine when i brought it to the distributor, my guess is the problem lies on my monitor or converter. Since i don't have any budget left i gave up on this build and planning to build another PC that work with my monitor without converter (downgrade to the previous gen). Long story short, i sold my processor, motherboard and ram and replace them with the following parts :

Intel i5 3470 Ivy Bridge
MSI B75MA-E33
G.Skill Ares 2x4 GB DDR 3 1600 MHz

It was at night time when the goods came to my house, and i want to try it immediately and try boot my windows just to check whether all those component is working, so i don't re-install my OS yet. at first the windows show some error message and restart then it working and seemed like there is no problem. But the next day, when i am trying to figure out what kind of game can i played until i can afford for a decent gpu, i try to extract a pre-installed video game from my external HDD to my PC that have a .rar format and winrar said it's corrupted when i extracted it. So i tried another game that need to be installed but it's corrupted when i attempt to install it. then i tried to copy the game first before install it and it still not working. So i get worried that my External HDD might got bad sector or something, so i tried it on my laptop, i extract the game that corrupt during extraction to my PC to my laptop and it's working.

I don't know what to do so i decide to try re-install my windows. I tried to install windows 7 with a flash disk but it's seems to fail to install from bios. the monitor saying "out of range" then it turn black. so i decide to try to install it on windows like when installing program, it said i need a x64 installer, but it is already x64 installer.... i found some advice on other page that saying i can run the installer from setup.exe on the source folder, it seems to working at first and it showing the installation menu, it ask me where i want to install my windows etc, when it's installing, the monitor turn "out of range" once again, and when i restart my PC i logged in to the windows 10 and it said windows installation failed and the system restore to my previous windows (win 10). now i am all black out.

Solution
so you swapped motherboard and CPU and ram but didn't reinstall windows? Well, I can see why 1 paragraph was a lot of fun..

Do you have a win 10 installer? On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

if you are stuck ina boot loop or something, you might be best running dban on the hdd and wiping it before trying to install again: http://www.dban.org/

Colif

Win 11 Master
so you swapped motherboard and CPU and ram but didn't reinstall windows? Well, I can see why 1 paragraph was a lot of fun..

Do you have a win 10 installer? On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

if you are stuck ina boot loop or something, you might be best running dban on the hdd and wiping it before trying to install again: http://www.dban.org/

Solution