Nintendo Switch System Update Adds Recording, Save Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonK

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
Important to note, the Switch saves the LAST 30 seconds. So don't worry about missing a cool moment, if you're quick on the button then it should be saved.

hgchuong

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

DOH!

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
"Check it out what i do..."

We can all already see what you do....post spam to comment sections/ forums. I struggle to imagine what horrible life you were living before if this is a change for the better.

as far as the story...

Only save to another Switch? So I suppose they expect people to go buy a second if they only have 1? Sounds more like a bait and switch

D

Deleted member 1353997

Yes, that's exactly what the feature is for. It also exists in the PS4 and the Xbox One.
I've used it to transfer from my old PS4 to my PS4 Pro, and MS recently released the "Fall Update" with a new shiny transfer feature for when the Xbox One X gets released.
I've also used the feature to transfer from my old 3DS to the New 3DS. This feature is probably for the time Nintendo releases a revision for the Switch.

Another use case is: You bought a Switch and your kids are using it too. You want to play a game but can't, because your kids keep monopolizing your Switch. You decide to buy another Switch and transfer your kids' profiles to it.

Or maybe a friend or relative wanted to try out your Switch and decided to buy one of their own, and now they need to transfer their profile from your Switch to theirs.

Out of curiosity, why do you expect a "bait and switch"?
It's not like they're making you pay for a subscription, then remove important features from it.

A bait and switch would be more like MS offering "unlimited OneDrive for subscribers of Office 365", then downgrading the offer to 1TB (which they did, by the way).

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
because I was strictly making a bad play on words that they are trying to bait people into being multiple Switch households ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.