My monitor says no signal when plugged into my mobo or gpu

saenzanthony54

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
I have just built my first pc and when trying to connect my monitor it says no signal even though all connections are secure I have even made sure everything inside of my pc is connected, if anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it
Pc part:
Amd ryzen 3 1200
Asus320-c r2.0
Evga 500w
MSI geforce gtx 1050ti
Ballistix Sport ddr4-2400
Wd 1tb blue

Monitor:
Asus vp228 lcd monitor

Solution
did you place standoffs under the mb to keep it from shorting out?? is the io sheild shorting the mb out. i would try rule a dead short out by trying to post the mb on top of a box. if there no post there check under the cpu for bent pins. if there none try another power supply if there no post rma the cpu and mb together.

Jwpanz

Honorable
What does your PC do when you power it up? Are any LED’s lit up on your motherboard indicating issues with either your RAM, GPU, or CPU?

Your PC will not output a signal from your motherboard with your Ryzen chip. You will need to have it plugged into your graphics card.

Make sure your RAM and graphics card are seated correctly as well as your CPU. Double check every connection especially your power cables to the motherboard, hard drive, and graphics card (if applicable).

When you have connected your monitor the the motherboard integrated graphics ports, did you still have the GPU card installed in the motherboard? If so, try it again but this time completely remove the graphics card from the motherboard.

SFAIK, this is NOT accurate. That board has it's OWN integrated graphics that have nothing to do with the model of CPU installed.

did you place standoffs under the mb to keep it from shorting out?? is the io sheild shorting the mb out. i would try rule a dead short out by trying to post the mb on top of a box. if there no post there check under the cpu for bent pins. if there none try another power supply if there no post rma the cpu and mb together.

Solution