BSOD and memory sometimes showing half of max capacity

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
So i have been getting a lot of random BSOD in windows 10.
I thought it could be due to my windows being full of software so i reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 10, but it didnt help.
The strange thing is that this also started happening when my ram is sometimes booting with only half the capacity. It shows only 4gb instead of 8gb (i have 2x4gb). I tried switching the slots, but it didnt help. I have to restart the pc 1-3 times to get the pc to boot with 8gb of ram. I didnt run any memory diagnostic, so please if you think that my memory could be damaged im open to suggestions. Oh and my cpu is overclocked, don't know if that has anything to do with it, because when i ran stability test in aida extreme everything was fine.

Crash reports and specs:

Computer name: DESKTOP-QMGETT6
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 15063
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: GA-880GMA-USB3, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
6 logical processors, active mask: 63
RAM: 8587350016 bytes total

(i had more crashes than this, but i just reset the pc because i didnt want to wait for it to generate the crash report)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 10/20/2017 7:56:27 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8039D501DA5, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Fri 10/20/2017 6:42:58 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102017-11187-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C580)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF802A89E6348)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 10/13/2017 5:48:38 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101317-16046-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x7194A8)
Bugcheck code: 0xBE (0xFFFFF8025BFC94A8, 0x8900000235091121, 0xFFFFF803812692A0, 0xA)
Error: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d0a31ff5946203b6\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 387.92
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 387.92
Bug check description: This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 387.92 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Solution
My suggestions:
- revert back the BIOS to by Gigabyte support page latest mentioned stable update
- if you have any security program installed, make sure they are updated and don't block the wifi adapter driver, or temporary remove them
- try the adapter in a different USB port or in a different system
I would reset your OC of the CPU to stock and verify if that does or does not fix the issue. Anytime you have something OC'ed this is the starting point to rule the OC in or out as the cause also leave the OC off until you can find the root cause.

When you get reset back to stock run prime95 or aida64 or whatever you prefer to stress the system and see if its stable for at least 1 hour.

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I just got another BSOD, this time while watching a TV series, i also didnt mention that i have had and still have problems with the wifi card (tp-link). It just keeps dissconnectig itself and sometimes it just shows the yellow mark for no internet, i then have to unlplug and plug it back in for it to work again.

Crash report:
On Fri 10/20/2017 10:28:34 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102017-12843-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFBE809F1CE4C0, 0xFFFFBE809F1CE418, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I will try to get back to stock speeds and see if it helps with my issues.

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Again a random BSOD while watching a video, will revert back to stock speeds and post here if the issues are solved.

On Fri 10/20/2017 11:24:33 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102017-19015-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (0xFFFFF8022081D906)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1000000D2, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8022081D906)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

4.5Ghz was a pretty aggressive overclock for the FX6300. Mine maxes out at 4.1Ghz, but I have a pretty weak motherboard. You could download Memtest86+ or Memtest64 and run it for several hours to see if any RAM errors are reported, but it looks like you found the issue.

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Unfortunately the problem still persists. I think i have ruled out that the OC is the problem, im now running on 4.1 GHz with thermals never going over 55C, i also did long stability tests and benchmarks. The only thing that was causing BSOD during the benchmarks was the memory overclock (above 1333MHz) so i left it at stock clocks and all benchmarks were fine. I also didn't mention that i have a decent PSU (Corsair HX650) and is fairly new so i can rule that one out too. The only problems i still have are random BSOD that point towards bad drivers. I still have the problems with my WiFi usb antenna, it just randomly disconnects or just shows the yellow no internet sign. I then have to unplug and plug it back in manually, sometimes even that doesnt work. The antenna is: TP-Link WN822N V4 EU, i have downloaded the drivers for it from the official website, but it just made it worse. instead of getting no internet sign it just completely disabled my wifi adapter every half an hour or so and sometimes it just wouldnt want to connect to my home network. I have had these issues before when i reinstalled windows and thought that a reinstall would fix it, but now im just getting even more BSODs. I will post the new dumps and one of them actually points towards the wlan driver of the motherboard so im not sure if they fight each other and cause a bug or something. So far thanks for all your help and i hope we can solve this.

My full specs:
PSU Corsair HX 650
GPU EVGA GTX 1060 SC
CPU AMD FX-6300, 4100 MHz (20.5 x 200)
RAM 2x DIMM4: Kingston 99U5471
@ 666 MHz 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 33-107-4-10-5-5-20 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP-FAW)
Motherbaord Gigabyte GA-880GMA-USB3 (bios version F4e)

Could it be that some of my system components are old and just fail sometimes?
The oldest components in my system are my motherboard and RAM, everything else is fairly new. The psu is about 2-3 years old.
And btw i mostly get crashed when watching videos on my PC and youtube, never when playing games. And they always happen when i have uTorrent open when im downloading something and the disconnects also happen more frequently when im downloading something.

Here are the dumps and WhoCrashed info:

Dumps download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9kiJaKovtyLQjBUdlNXWENkZ3M

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sun 10/22/2017 1:36:13 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102217-13656-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x7E1556DC0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80269AFD0C0)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Sun 10/22/2017 1:36:13 PM your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlanu.sys (rtwlanu+0x4482F)
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x7E1556DC0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80269AFD0C0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys
product: Realtek WLAN Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter
company: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation
description: Realtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver 39163
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtwlanu.sys (Realtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver 39163, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ).
Google query: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

On Sun 10/22/2017 1:10:40 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102217-13140-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8031DFE1348)
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Sun 10/22/2017 9:13:33 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102217-13359-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x44696457, 0xB0017, 0xFFFFA50DE5CB82A0)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.

On Sat 10/21/2017 8:39:10 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102117-13328-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF801613E8348)

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
No i dont have a lan cable and the router is not near my pc so i need like 25m of cable. I got another BSOD while watching youtube and uTorrent open in the background. I added the dump to the drive folder https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9kiJaKovtyLQjBUdlNXWENkZ3M

On Mon 10/23/2017 9:46:27 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102317-13015-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFA10078D4B7C0, 0xFFFFA10078D4B718, 0x0)
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

On Mon 10/23/2017 9:46:27 AM your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0xA5709)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFA10078D4B7C0, 0xFFFFA10078D4B718, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
description: TCP/IP Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Again another BSOD while watching youtube and downloading torrents.
Dumps https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9kiJaKovtyLQjBUdlNXWENkZ3M

Should i uninstall the WLAN usb driver?

On Mon 10/23/2017 12:03:32 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102317-13828-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8401DBC57CA0, 0xFFFF8401DBC57BF8, 0x0)

On Mon 10/23/2017 12:03:32 PM your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlanu.sys (rtwlanu+0x4485C)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8401DBC57CA0, 0xFFFF8401DBC57BF8, 0x0)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtwlanu.sys (Realtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver 39163, Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ).
Google query: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Again another BSOD, i uninstalled the realtek wlan driver but still not helping.
dumps https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9kiJaKovtyLQjBUdlNXWENkZ3M

On Mon 10/23/2017 12:35:41 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102317-14312-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlanu.sys (rtwlanu+0x26142D)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x206C644D, 0x40D0008, 0xFFFFDB0BCBFEC9A0)
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
Google query: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation BAD_POOL_CALLER

On Mon 10/23/2017 12:35:41 PM your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: rtwlanu.sys (rtwlanu+0x4482F)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x206C644D, 0x40D0008, 0xFFFFDB0BCBFEC9A0)
Google query: Realtek Semiconductor Corporation BAD_POOL_CALLER

A new wifi card doesn't mean it is not faulty!

xxkellerman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Another BSOD, dumps in drive folder.

On Mon 10/23/2017 2:29:43 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102317-13515-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x780B81DC0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802A3D160C0)

On Mon 10/23/2017 2:29:43 PM your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0xA5714)
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x780B81DC0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802A3D160C0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
description: TCP/IP Driver

My suggestions:
- revert back the BIOS to by Gigabyte support page latest mentioned stable update
- if you have any security program installed, make sure they are updated and don't block the wifi adapter driver, or temporary remove them
- try the adapter in a different USB port or in a different system

Solution