4D
MarvelousDesigner

I'm looking for a good monitor that will suit her work for under $400 / £300

Here's several that have peaked by interest:

Dell U2415 24.0-Inch - $280

ASUS VX24AH 23.8" WQHD $244

BenQ GW2765HT £267

BenQ PD2700Q 27 inch 2K - £334

Does anyone have any experience with their monitors, or have any recommends for monitors that would be great for graphic design and modelling.

Thank you.

Solution

I was looking at the reviews and the video you linked me. Whilst the monitor is pretty good, there's still some things I'm not struck on, especially since it isn't IPS and it's several years old.

There is a 4k equivelant for the one that I linked previously:

BenQ BL2711U 27 inch 4K

Which is around the same price as the one you linked for the US...

ringmany

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014

Hey,
Thanks for the reply. I'l have a look into it. Although I was planning on something maybe a little bit cheaper. Such as:

BenQ PD2500Q 25 inch 2K Designer Monitor

Do you believe the 4K would make a significant difference in regards to graphic work and modelling? Would I need quite a powerful GPU to handle it, I'm looking towards a 1060 GPU.

Cheers.

I think it does make a pretty significant difference.
If 4k is too expensive then at least 2560x1440 should be the goal.
If the price however means the difference between a gtx 1070 and gtx 1060 then i'd say the faster gpu is your go to choice.
Ideally you'd want to have a Quadro or a Firepro as the gpu for graphic work, but on a tighter budget the gaming cards will do ok too.

ringmany

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014

I was looking at the reviews and the video you linked me. Whilst the monitor is pretty good, there's still some things I'm not struck on, especially since it isn't IPS and it's several years old.

There is a 4k equivelant for the one that I linked previously:

BenQ BL2711U 27 inch 4K

Which is around the same price as the one you linked for the US Amazon version, which I may go with as she isn't in the UK. This one is also 27 inch, 4k, 100% sRGB

Any thoughts towards this one? Thanks.

Solution

I don't see anything wrong with it, go for it.

Latest posts