Computer instantly wakes from sleep

Ian The Pineapple

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Hello!

My computer has been near-instantly waking from sleep for the past few months.

What I've tried so far that hasn't worked:
-Rotating my USB devices from port-to-port
-Disabling USB selective suspend

I've seen people saying to disable the mouse wake control, but I usually only tap my mouse to wake my computer up.

I did the "lastwake" command in the command prompt, and this was given to me:

Type: Device
Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_79721462&REV_31\3&11583659&0&A0
Friendly Name: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller
Manufacturer: Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

Thanks for the help!

Solution
It looks like there is something plugged into a USB 3.0 port that is causing the problem. I had a similar issue that turned out to be my Sound Blaster G5 usb sound card. Try unplugging all usb devices but your mouse and see if it still wakes up from sleep instantly. If it still does plug in your keyboard and unplug your mouse and sleep the computer again. If it still wakes instantly with either of these unplugged then I would say try resetting your bios to defaults just to see if there is something weird.
If all that fails then I'm not sure what else could be tried.

TheDoog

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
It looks like there is something plugged into a USB 3.0 port that is causing the problem. I had a similar issue that turned out to be my Sound Blaster G5 usb sound card. Try unplugging all usb devices but your mouse and see if it still wakes up from sleep instantly. If it still does plug in your keyboard and unplug your mouse and sleep the computer again. If it still wakes instantly with either of these unplugged then I would say try resetting your bios to defaults just to see if there is something weird.
If all that fails then I'm not sure what else could be tried.

Solution

Ian The Pineapple

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017

I'll try, thanks!