Looking for display with multiple DisplayPort inputs

aboyer1013

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
My needs are simple (or so I thought) but cannot seem to find anything that matches my requirements for a monitor.

1. 2560x1440 max resolution give or take
2. G-Sync
3. IPS
4. 144Hz
5. At least two DP or MDP inputs. Any combination of the two would work (1x DP with 1x MDP, or 2x MDP, etc).

The last requirement is the kicker. I have not been able to find anything with more than just one DP/MDP. Everything comes with just one DP and HDMI. I don't really care about HDMI. The closest one was the ASUS MG279Q but it's FreeSync.

Why do I need the last requirement? So I can use both my Mac Mini (late 2012) and my gaming PC on one monitor. Mac Mini cannot display at 2560x1440 resolution unless it's on MDP.

Could anyone help me out?

Solution

There aren't too many 1440p 144 Hz IPS models, and more than half of them are G-Sync, so options are pretty limited. There's only like 5-6 models and only the MG279Q has two DP inputs as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: here are all 1440p 144...
All G-Sync monitors have the same inputs, which is 1x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI port (or just 1x DisplayPort for monitors with the v1 module). All G-Sync monitors use the same controller (the G-Sync module) which is provided by NVIDIA, manufacturers do not get to choose the inputs.

aboyer1013

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

I'd be willing to remove the G-Sync requirement if there are models out there with multiple DP inputs. Would that be feasible?

aboyer1013

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Do you know of any other models with the ports I would want? I guess I'm just surprised that this is so rare. Am I being unrealistic? Moreover, it is not easy to search for a monitor for this requirement, I'm having to go into each one and look at the I/O spec manually for each product detail page. You know of a good site that filters based on number of ports? I only found the ASUS MG279Q from NewEgg because they had very good filtering options and it was easy to drill down to any specific field.

There aren't too many 1440p 144 Hz IPS models, and more than half of them are G-Sync, so options are pretty limited. There's only like 5-6 models and only the MG279Q has two DP inputs as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: here are all 1440p 144 Hz IPS non-G-Sync options:
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&H=144,240&p=1&A=0,2

Solution