Windows 10 slow post boot SSD

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
Recently i noticed an unusual boot time that lasts almost a minute despite having a sata ssd. All i can say it's that i gathered those additional seconds in time, almost gradually. Tho i don't have a vast amount of applications to be loaded when starting the computer, the windows loading time ( which i found to be the post boot time after tracing a boot cycle ) takes too long than it should ( about 40-50 seconds ).
Additionally, i checked the event viewer for any possible errors and i couldn't find any. It's important to say that those seconds added to the boot, or this minute let's say, isn't a cause of installing 3rd party apps that could affect the performance. It simply happened to last longer without having a practical cause. I also checked Fast Boot from UEFI and MSI Fast Boot as i have a msi board. The storage is also set on AHCI so no issues in there.
Listing all the things i tried so far :
Doing a check disk
Doing a boot repair
Turning on off fast boot
Disabling every start up service from task manager
Computer is set on performance mode from power option
I have an Adata sp550 ssd and a tomahawk z270 mobo. In the first weeks after installing the windows the regular full boot time was about 20 seconds.

To make it simple, without having a practical cause, my post boot time increased and i can't find a way to turn it back as it was.

Solution
If you're convinced it's a windows issue and it's been going on for a few months already, you can always do /scannow:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93?auth=1
and try to repair any issues that windows might have. You can also check event viewer and see if there are any significant errors on startup. This will be needle in the haystack search though. Event viewer records a lot of data, from simple logs, to errors to critical stuff and I don't tend to rummage through it unless the issue is marked as critical, else you'll keep getting diverted to irrelevant tangential issues. You can still try though, see if there's...

Sedivy

Estimable
You said recently. This means it wasn't always the case with your ssd? Was this around the time of the latest windows creator update? (in newer computers should have been some time within last week or so) Before that?
What's the free space on your ssd currently? Do you have adata's software for it installed?http://www.adata.com/en/ss/software-6/
If yes, do a quick diagnostic and check what it says.

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014

Sedivy

Estimable
Try running optimization and see if it makes any difference.
Not sure fast boot will help.
Try going into your settings, check windows updates and double check that everything is up to date and that it isn't slowing down cause of background updates on restart. This has been going on for every boot for a while?
What do you have set running on startup? (in task manager statup)

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014

What do you have set running on startup?
I mentioned i've already tried disabling every start up service and that didn't improve the boot time

This has been going on for every boot for a while?
Yes, for quite some weeks or maybe a few months

Try running optimization and see if it makes any difference.
Just did. Restarted and no difference. It's also important to mention that i tried removing the hdd before booting and also changing ssd's sata ports. This is definitely a windows-side issue as i resetted the uefi to its default settings.

Sedivy

Estimable
If you're convinced it's a windows issue and it's been going on for a few months already, you can always do /scannow:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93?auth=1
and try to repair any issues that windows might have. You can also check event viewer and see if there are any significant errors on startup. This will be needle in the haystack search though. Event viewer records a lot of data, from simple logs, to errors to critical stuff and I don't tend to rummage through it unless the issue is marked as critical, else you'll keep getting diverted to irrelevant tangential issues. You can still try though, see if there's anything concerning in it.

Solution

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014

Thanks for the support ; for now, i'll leave it as it is, waiting for the fall update to arrive on my computer, hopefully that will fix it.