Is the manufacturer's color profile file.icm the best solution for correctly calibrating my monitor?

noor-eldeen

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
I have bought LG 1920x1080 IPS monitor ( 24MP48HQ-P ) and used the icm file which came with the monitor's driver as color profile but i feel the colors a little bit dark compared to my old LED HD TN display bx2331 from samsung I have read that after calibrating a monitor the right way you might be uncomfortable with the results.
I cant afford buying a calibrating device and don't trust the online manual steps of calibrating.

The problem is after setting the LG .icm color profile I still have the option to adjust brightness and contrast and the other OSD settings and don't know what is right or accurate ?

by the way I'm a graphic designer and I will keep both displays side by side,
So what I want is to set the LG ips as accurate as I can for working with CMYK and printing work

any advice

Solution
Let me get this right, you'e working with two monitors from two different brands? If so then you should set what you feel is right and forget about them since they both aren't from the same makes nor are they of the same calibration. In short the answer to your question is yes the profile from the factory is the optimal setting but if your ambient lighting condition is different(brighter/lower) then you would need to compensate for the change.

FYI, being a graphics designer, you should've gunned down a Dell Ultrasharp panel/monitor due to their impeccable color representation and that color calibrating machine would be a good investment if you're doing professional work.

Lutfij

Titan
Let me get this right, you'e working with two monitors from two different brands? If so then you should set what you feel is right and forget about them since they both aren't from the same makes nor are they of the same calibration. In short the answer to your question is yes the profile from the factory is the optimal setting but if your ambient lighting condition is different(brighter/lower) then you would need to compensate for the change.

FYI, being a graphics designer, you should've gunned down a Dell Ultrasharp panel/monitor due to their impeccable color representation and that color calibrating machine would be a good investment if you're doing professional work.

Solution