Game stuttering Issue(all games)

engelseinx

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Hi, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10 because it is "great for gaming". This is not the case for me.

Every game I play, across multiple DRMs, gives me micro stutters every few moments. (overwatch, R6 Siege, Fortnite)

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1070
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 16260 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8096 MB
Shared Memory: 8164 MB

All taken from DxDiag. I have NEVER had a single graphical/fps/stutter related problem in the last year running this exact rig.

I HAVE tried the following fixes: Turning off DVR/uninstalling xbox app, turning off basically every setting in my windows 10 control panel that isn't essential, updating my video drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling my video drivers.

I have noticed I can't seem to find a nvidia control panel even after manual installing my latest driver.

This is driving me up a wall, I've played these games with no issues for over a year on this rig and just want to be settled into windows 10 for Destiny 2, not stutter through the gameplay.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Solution
If you have "upgraded" from windows 7 to windows 10, most of your issues are from there. Resolution: Do a clean install of windows 10. No upgrade, no reset, nothing else. A clean install of windows 10 that formats your current OS installation. Please back up all your data in the OS partition before doing this. After installation of windows 10, you will have to install your applications again. If your games reside on a separate partition, they will most likely be recognized by their respective DRM platform after you import them manually. If they reside on the OS drive, please back them up to another partition first. e.g. if your games are in C>program files>steam>steamapps>common, then copy this whole common folder on some other...

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
If you have "upgraded" from windows 7 to windows 10, most of your issues are from there. Resolution: Do a clean install of windows 10. No upgrade, no reset, nothing else. A clean install of windows 10 that formats your current OS installation. Please back up all your data in the OS partition before doing this. After installation of windows 10, you will have to install your applications again. If your games reside on a separate partition, they will most likely be recognized by their respective DRM platform after you import them manually. If they reside on the OS drive, please back them up to another partition first. e.g. if your games are in C>program files>steam>steamapps>common, then copy this whole common folder on some other partition before clean installation of windows 10.

Solution