Accidentally Deleted Intel Driver From Display Adapter Tab On Device Manager HELP!

gamertanish

Reputable
Oct 24, 2017
Hey Guys

So i Accidentally deleted my intel driver or adapter? from my device manager and i tried installing the driver again from intels website but i get an error and also i cant reset because ive already reset 2 hours ago. Is there any fix? I only see my Nvidia Geforce 920mx driver under display adapter, normally it shows the intel and nvidia driver.
My Specs are..
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2592 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
12.0 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 920MX
P.S am i aloud to post this if im 13?
Thanks guys!

Solution
Hi,
Are you referring to the Intel HD graphics driver? If so, and you're running a dedicated graphics card then not having the Intel graphics driver installed won't affect you. Also, Windows can download and install the Intel driver thru Windows Updates when it see's it's not longer installed on your PC.
I wouldn't worry, if there was an issue you wouldn't have any visual display.

luketexas

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi,
Are you referring to the Intel HD graphics driver? If so, and you're running a dedicated graphics card then not having the Intel graphics driver installed won't affect you. Also, Windows can download and install the Intel driver thru Windows Updates when it see's it's not longer installed on your PC.
I wouldn't worry, if there was an issue you wouldn't have any visual display.

Solution

gamertanish

Reputable
Oct 24, 2017

If it dosent affect me, then why isnt cs go working ever since i deleted the Intel HD graphics driver???

luketexas

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Sounds unrelated.. first of all what errors are you receiving while trying to play CS GO? What are the symptoms?
You shouldn't just go and uninstall system drivers if you don't know what you're doing.
Why not use system restore to restore to an earlier point in time (ie. Before you deleted the Intel Graphics driver)

It's not unrelated. He has a LAPTOP so there may be some issue now switching from the Intel iGPU to the NVidia dGPU.

Possible solutions:
1. Device Manager - did you try "update driver" from where you deleted it in Device Manager?

2. Intel Driver update utility - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

3. go to the LAPTOP site and download the correct driver manually, or download the laptop software that handles that (it may also be installed already)

4. If not working, open SYSTEM RESTORE (type in "restore point" no quotes to search bar) then launch the "create a system restore point" link...
a) then create a restore point (so you can go back in case of issues)
b) then see what OLDER restore points where made... if there's a fairly recent one restore it (and look at any programs that may be affected when it offers to show them. write down those names so you can reinstall them)

You should actually set a RESTORE POINT before making ANY changes such as installing new drivers like I discussed above.

OTHER:
What do you mean you can't "reset"?

gamertanish

Reputable
Oct 24, 2017

It says...

Your graphics hardware does not support all features (CSM) needed to run this game.

Device Info:
Marked Unsupported: 0
Supports PCF Sampling: 0
DriverName: " Microsoft Basic Render Driver"
VendorID: 0x1414, DeviceID: 0x008C
DriverHigh: 0x000A0000, DriverLow: 0x3FAB000F
DXLevel:95, MinDXSupportLevel: 90, MaxDXSupportLevel: 95

gamertanish

Reputable
Oct 24, 2017

I already reset the laptop yesterday, it would be stupid to reset it again.