Monitor randomly loses signal then turns on after a few seconds.

WolfyAmbassador

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
Instances when using Chrome, my monitor will just randomly lose signal as if it just went to sleep and turned right back on. I do not know if it happens with any other program or the computer itself is having issues because it's only happened to me while using Chrome. This problem randomly started while searching items from amazon's home page last month on a day they were streaming NFL on the front page. I recorded the footage demonstrating the problem, but since then it no longer happens specifically on amazon and just randomly happens using Chrome in general. It has not happened on any other web browser or program on this computer so far, however, several people I know who also use Chrome did not experience this issue, so it is a specific problem on this computer as far as I know.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9RS1Mwq66E"][/video]

mastarnaab

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Do you have an Gpu or do you use your cpu integrated Gpu?(like Intel graphics?) If you have a Gpu, it might not be getting enough power from the psu. You might also want to check the cable and try switching to another one.

WolfyAmbassador

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
Discrete 1050 Ti mini, it goes straight into slot with no additional power connector.

WolfyAmbassador

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
Doesn't have an issue playing games. Also, have not tried switching cables yet. I deleted my entire Google Chrome data, so I'm going to try that first.

WolfyAmbassador

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
When I unplugged the HDMI cable from my gpu the metal connector was very loose and it feels like it's going to snap off the plug. It most likely got like that from hanging high from the port, since it's a long plug. My feet constantly tug on it, because it's like 11 feet long. However, I do not see how that would cause the problem to act up just by entering letters in a search box.

mastarnaab

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

Well, if the cable is loosely in the port, it could cause signal loss, but I suppose it would be more frequent. Have you tried plugging the cable into your motherboards connector? You could try it and see if that causes the same problem. I don't have anything solid for this problem, sorry, hopefully someone else can offer something too.

WolfyAmbassador

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
I put the card in my new computer, hopefully everything gets solved and was just a bug on my other computer.