Can I overclock my monitor to 75hz?

erik8thw

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2013
I'm using Samsung SyncMaster S22B350. Can I overclock it from 60hz to 75hz for FPS games? Will there be a risk of damaging it?

Solution
All you can do is try, like everything else when it comes to overclocking there isn't one setting for all.
There is very minimal risk when it comes to overclocking a monitor, it will either work or it won't.
A failed overclock will lead to failing to apply the refresh rate at all, black screen after applying/flashing black screen or distorted image/colours.
If any of them occur simply wait for the 15second count down to end and restore the original refresh rate or manually click no.

If 75hz doesn't work try a lower refresh rate, if it works you could try for a higher refresh rate.
You can also try the 'LCD Reduced' setting to try get a few more hz out of it.
1280 x 1024 looks to be a supported resolution for 75Hz.

Samsung LED and LCD monitors: Optimal refresh rate is 60Hz, regardless of resolution.

If you need to set your monitor to other settings, there is a table of preset Timing Modes in your user's manual that lists all compatible display modes, horizontal frequency values, and refresh rates.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00011093/

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
All you can do is try, like everything else when it comes to overclocking there isn't one setting for all.
There is very minimal risk when it comes to overclocking a monitor, it will either work or it won't.
A failed overclock will lead to failing to apply the refresh rate at all, black screen after applying/flashing black screen or distorted image/colours.
If any of them occur simply wait for the 15second count down to end and restore the original refresh rate or manually click no.

If 75hz doesn't work try a lower refresh rate, if it works you could try for a higher refresh rate.
You can also try the 'LCD Reduced' setting to try get a few more hz out of it.

Solution

erik8thw

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from erik8thw : "Can I continue using 75hz for desktop and gaming?"

Yes 60hz is the normal refresh rate. I can overclocked to 75hz only.