Looking For a 1080p 144hz Gaming Monitor

rabbit3988

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, I'm Rabbit and I am looking for a new monitor for my gaming rig. I've been looking for one for a few days and have picked out some that meet what I'm wanting, though I'm not completely sure that it's the best one for my money so I came here for some guidance.

Here is the monitor that I was thinking about getting: ASUS VG248QE 24" ($260 USD)

I have two questions: is this the best monitor that I could get with my maximum budget of $300-310 USD? Are there any alternatives that you all suggest that I consider?

Thank you guys!
Also, here is some information that you'll probably request:

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin? The United States.

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.) FPS and MMORPG gaming, programming, possibly some photo editing but nothing professional.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want? I am looking for a 1920x1080 monitor that is 24" long diagonally. 1440p could also be considered but 1080p is the general goal.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.) 144hz.

5. How much are you looking to spend? Maximum $300-310 USD.

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. ) None really. Preferably a high quality brand.

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why). Not Viewsonic (from what I've seen, Viewsonic is definitely not a quality brand to buy).

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor? No, just one. No need for expansion either.

9. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc). DVI-D.

10. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display? Primary.

11. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop? No, it's for a desktop gaming rig.

12. What's your GPU model? An NVIDIA GTX 750 ti FTW, to be upgraded to an NVIDIA GTX 1070 several months after buying the monitor (not sure about SC/FTW/Founders/etc.).

Solution
I own three of these that I occasionally run in nVidia surround. I've had no issues with these, and no complaints. You will probably need to tweak them for your own color and brightness needs as they're *really* bright with default settings. Gaming with them set at 144Hz refresh is excellent.

greatoz

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
I own three of these that I occasionally run in nVidia surround. I've had no issues with these, and no complaints. You will probably need to tweak them for your own color and brightness needs as they're *really* bright with default settings. Gaming with them set at 144Hz refresh is excellent.

Solution

Carlos_40

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I own a XG2401 prices are dropping fast. is a good monitor if you take the time to make the adjustment. BUT! LG have one that is 1080p 144hz 1ns and 32 size. at 600USD i was planning to get one since is IPS. mine is TN