Darker Display after latest windows 10 update. Can't be fixed with just settings.

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
So I just installed the latest windows 10 update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709) and my screen got a whole lot darker. Brightness is maxed out and none of the settings can change this back to the way it was.. Latest Nvidia Driver download also didn't help. What can solve this issue?

My monitor: LG 24MP68VQ-P.

Thomas

clevertoucan

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

I've been having the same exact issue! It doesn't happen until I log on, and it's normal for a second or two and then all of the darks get really dark. It's really been making using Photoshop and Unity a pain because the text almost gets washed out by the background. I thought it might be something with Night Light, but nothing changed after I turned it off. Have you gotten anything to work?

galerio

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017

You described exactly what happen to me, with a Nvidia gtx 1080 with latest driver and a LG 27UD68 monitor. Monitor is not HDR, and I have also tryed to change settings in Nvidia Control Panel but it didn't help.

Exactly the same, afte update to 1709 version of Windows 10, on start up the screen is normal, then after a couple of seconds it goes dark and also the defininition and resolution of the images seem to be worst.
Please, help

clevertoucan

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

Thanks, that worked like a charm for me, I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier.

lukebergman1995

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017

After a little digging I could see that you could just open your Nvidia Control Panel and make it so that you're Display settings were controlled by NVIDIA and then my colour settings reverted to they way they were before the update. :)

galerio

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017

Can you tell us which setting have you turned on or off?

dev7111

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017

Yes. My systam is in Russian, but I hope I'll translate the namings correctly. No reboot needed!

Control Panel/NVidia Control Panel/Display/Desktop Color Settings -> Use NVidia Settings radio button for color setting method.

aycWSe-4Ta_FC_BGtySp_Q.png

Do not forget to do this for both screens if you have 2.

Archd

Reputable
May 19, 2015

this work for me .
for english language
RhggpRl.png

noel.pitoy

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Using nVidia Settings from nVidia Control Panel will not work after every computer restart, and driver clean reinstall might work on some computers.

Solution--Windows Color Calibration:
1. Go to Windows 10 Settings
2. Click Display adapter properties
3. On adapter dialog box go to Color Management tab
4. Click Color Management button
5. On Color Management dialog box go to Advanced tab
6. On Advanced Tab click Calibrate display
7. On Color Calibration utility, click Next to start the color calibration
8. On Adjust gamma section, slide Gamma to fix the dim problem
Tip: Resize window to see desktop wallpaper as you slide the gamma or optionally open a photo file you are familiar with to find the gamma setting you are most comfortable with
9. Click Next
10. Click on the Skip brightness and contrast adjustment button
11. Uncheck the Start ClearType Tuner check-box to maintain the same font setting
12. Click Next, and you've got your Gamma setting back, even after computer restart

batke2012

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017

Worked perfect for me :) i been having this problem and after this solution all is back to normal. I checked my settings in WoW and all is working now perfect not so dark pictures anymore.
Thanks one more time

zxcbv123

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016

Easy Fix here: Right click on desktop -> Display settings -> Display Adapter properties. Go to color management tabs, click color management then Advanced tabs. Finally, Calibrate your display..

v_v_valentin

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017

Thank you , it worked for me.

chris667199

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

Same problem, opened the "AMD Catalyst Control Center", clicked "Desktop Color" then clicked "Reactivate AMD Color Controls" and colors went back to "normal". Has anyone figured out why Microsoft took it upon themselves to "darken our doors" with this particular "feature"?

guptaprakash91

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
hi there... it's the gamma color coordinates that is causing the display color issue. after doing a little r&d I finally I found the right solution without uninstalling the GeForce experience.
just go to the Nvidia control panel in the display setting click on the second option i.e Adjust desktop color setting and select Use Nvidia Setting. and there u go.... done !!!

Apr 5, 2018