Windows Defender Using 30% of CPU

lucaskrycek

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
Real Time protection will not stay turned off and keep using 30% of my CPU ( Intel Core i5 4670K) while I am gaming. This is driving me nuts, I have to keep turning off windows defending real time protection every single time I start the PC!!
I have malwarebytes which I have reinstalled. I have looked all over the MS forums but they say uninstall it completely and don't use it... It's my computer though and I would prefer to bloody use it.

I tried to find gpedit but I am only on Win 10 home of windows 10 so it isn't available.

Solution
Its likely that Microsoft doesn't see Malwarebytes as an actual Anti virus so it will resist your attempts to turn it off, as it thinks it is protecting you. I would download and run Bitdefender Free and it will replace defender

Are you on latest Version of win 10 as the Fall Creators edition recognises I have bitdefender running and has defender set to off.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its likely that Microsoft doesn't see Malwarebytes as an actual Anti virus so it will resist your attempts to turn it off, as it thinks it is protecting you. I would download and run Bitdefender Free and it will replace defender

Are you on latest Version of win 10 as the Fall Creators edition recognises I have bitdefender running and has defender set to off.

Solution